Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Whimpering and Dancing



I was under terrific stress last week. Sometimes, when my life is really creaking under the strain, I find myself making impromptu whimpering noises. Emotional, physical, and mental overload started to leak out in little moans and puppy noises. It was very unnerving. If I had had a pacifier and blankie, last week would have been the week for them.


Oh well. It was a heads-up that I'm in dire need of nurturing and self-care.


"She canna take it much longer, Captain. She's goin' ta blow!"


But yesterday, somewhere around the end of my homiletics course, I started to feel light and happy. The reality of what I had done (led a real worship service and survived!) started to kick in. I started to feel again. And I felt really, really good. I went for a walk in the snow around campus, smiling and singing quietly. Everyone---the students, the service workers, the construction workers---everyone looked beautiful.


I felt like dancing.


I still feel like dancing.

Want to come dance with me?

Life is very, very good.


1 comment:

  1. Hello my darling one!
    Thank you for sharing your journey with us, all of the hard and horrible and healing moments.
    May God continue to bless and uphold you as you share your light with the world.
    It was so good to see your sweet face last week. And fun to giggle with you too. I miss you. Let's go dancing when I come back next time!

    ReplyDelete