Saturday, September 15, 2007

Starting year three exhausted

So here I am. The starting gun fires, and I'm stumbling and staggering already. It is my third year and the novelty has worn off. I'm really tired. I'm already loving some of the reading, ("Healthy Congregations" by Steinke, aka "stinky").
But I'm wondering where my scramble is going to come from. Is this more learning that God is doing this, not me?
It will be a fact. If I get through this, it will have been God's doing. I'll be passed out somewhere back around the start of the home stretch. God will be the one jogging through the tape, arms lifted in triumph. With luck, I'll have enough strength to lift my head and say, "yay" and waving a finger before passing out again.
"And there was much rejoicing."
I'm homesick for former students and homesick for former classes.
I'm terrified about hospital visiting. I know it will be much better once I've started. Meanwhile, I'm quivering in my boots.
Pray for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment