Thursday, February 23, 2006

I am Official!


Whew! Experience on top of experience, and not enough time to process it all.
I am overwhelmed by the awesome architecture, insane topography, great-smelling air, and beautiful sunshine.
My fantasy of achieving a PhD and teaching here seems eminently do-able while I'm here. It seems hopelessly unreachable when I think about what obstacles stand in the way, and all the things that could stop my forward movement.
I try not to think about it. Just do this step. Then this step....
"Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...."

So, yesterday at 3:30 in the afternoon I met with CAM, the Committee for Admission to Ministry. They asked me several questions, about my vision and hopes and background and where I am in my schooling currently.... Then they sent me out of the room to discuss whether I meet the requirements so far. It wasn't too long that I was sitting out all alone in the hallway. Eric Allison came out and asked me back in, and they all started clapping and smiling....
I wasn't prepared for how significant it would feel.
I looked around at the ring of faces, all dear and kind and sincere people genuinely delighted to welcome me to the ministry track.
It's huge.

I am official.
I am a ministerial candidate.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
They prayed with me, all in a circle.
They all hugged me.
I cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment