Thursday, February 2, 2006

Saddam Hussein to have plastic surgery on his face

"Saddam Hussein to have plastic surgery on his face to promote freedom of expression."

This is what my sleep-fogged brain understood as the radio news was blaring and trying to wake me up. It was probably about both his latest trials, and also about that Danish cartoon series depicting Mohammad.

It is nice to wake up chuckling. My brain had put two and two together and come up with 17. Saddam was going to have the right side of his mouth surgically twisted up into a sneer, just to promote freedom of expression. Expression. Heh-heh.

My ears are hot and itchy. I kid you not. For two days they have felt increasingly itchy---almost like an allergic reaction. What is the saying?---"When your ears are burning, someone is talking about you?"

Well, whatever. It's just strange and distracting. No doubt it will eventually go away, and I never will know what it was.

Strange dreams continue. Cleaning the bathroom at camp. Spiders and slimy hair on the floor. And lots of litter. Do I tidy up the towels and washcloths, or leave them where their owners can find them? Gary and Kara tennis had this spring-loaded kite thing, sort of like an air yoyo. It went zipping up into the air on a string, then came zooming back, sort of like a retractable tape-measure. Lots of people were having fun with it. I didn't want to touch it, sure I would scream and duck when it came zooming back. It was lightening fast.

Strange dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment