Monday, May 7, 2012

Two Prayers



The following are two reinterpretations of the Lord's Prayer.  Sometimes I find that reading different wordings and explorations of the Lord's Prayer opens eyes to new ways to understand all that God offers us.  Since I am feeling vulnerable and in need of God's love today, I share these here.


Our Mother


Our Mother who is within us
we celebrate your many names.
Your wisdom come.
Your will be done,
unfolding from the depths within us.
Each day you give us all that we need.
You remind us of our limits
and we let go.
You support us in our power
and we act with courage.
For you are the dwelling place within us
the empowerment around us
and the celebration among us
now and for ever.

Amen
  
Text by Miriam Therese Winter
Medical Mission Sister, Professor
of Liturgy, Worship and Spirituality.
Author of WomanWord and other
books and resources for Ritual.


My Lord’s Prayer

My loving creator: father/mother and best friend,
You are the centre of my universe and my most sacred space. 
May I never forget your power and holiness.
May I recognize your wisdom at work all around me, and may I allow your love to flow through me with greater freedom every day.
And may your intentions for good for every one of your created beings come to pass right here, right now, according to your plan.
Help me to remember and to trust that you give me all that I truly need in every moment.
And grant me the humility to see how I am flawed and ignorant, that I might treat with grace and compassion all those in whom I recognize flaws and ignorance---that we might all be forgiven.
Help me to face my challenges with courage, and deepen my trust in the wisdom of your guidance. 
For your every intention is good; your every thought beyond wisdom; your power to save infinite and absolute; and your boundless love cannot help but sweep all into its fold, now and forever. Amen

May you find peace guiding your every step this day.
Pastor Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment