Saturday, September 5, 2015

Endings and Beginnings - announcement

ENDINGS AND BEGINNINGS 

Unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it stays as it is; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. John 12:24 


It is with sadness that I announce I will be leaving Bath Church of the New Jerusalem as of October 31, 2015. Financial realities are what they are. So as to ease the church's financial burdens, I am stepping down two months before the 2015 contract would have ended.

I will return to Canada where the bulk of my friends and family reside. This is an amicable but sad mutual agreement made with the church executive. I will lead the worship and life of the church to the best of my ability until I depart.

It is unfortunate that all of this happened just before I went on vacation. It was difficult to be on vacation with this on my heart, and my return to work has been shadowed with sadness. But such is Providence. Our teachings remind us that every ending is just the start of a new beginning. I will miss Bath and will miss this congregation in particular.

May we all look forward to Providence’s next adventure.

May the Bath congregation find all they dream of, for with God, all things are possible!

All is well and all will be well. Bath and BCNJ will remain in my heart and prayers.

For the time being I will get a day job and enjoy having evenings, weekends, and holidays off like a regular person.  I will be building my online counseling practice and God willing, get back to writing.

I will continue to blog my sermons until I depart. After that, this blog will become my reflections on spirituality and life, with the occasional "supply preaching" sermon thrown in.

God bless,

Pastor Alison


No comments:

Post a Comment