Thursday, January 26, 2006

Deep Sadness. One Joy.

Missing the life we used to have very very very very very very very much today.
Belonging. Oneness of vision. Welcome to all.
Allowed to help with worship, and worship messages I could put my heart and soul into.
I miss the music.
I miss the priviledge.
So many of the moms are working outside the home now. We are all too tired to try to connect.

I'm too tired and disillusioned to try to build community in another church congregation.

Maybe it is time for another good, hard cry.

But---
I have been granted permission to present to my New Testament class on the book of Revelation, ala Swedenborg. It will count as 70% of my grade. I'm pretty excited. There is so much great artwork I can access.

Well, I'm not actually excited today. I'm too sad. But I know intellectually that it excites me, and it will pump me up once I'm through this blue patch.

Sheesh. In my next incarnation, I'm going to have no hormones, and live where there is no winter.

Yup.

4 comments:

  1. Ow. That's deep pain. Wish I could make it all go away--or at the very least buy you dessert at Symposium :) But tonight all I can give you is big love and permission and my blessing and openness to rant and cry and talk or not talk with me whenever you need to. You are deeply loved. Although I wish the path would have been easier for you to arrive at WLS---I'm sooooooooo happy you are here. Hang in there my darling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I am a member of the New Church in the UK and I am writing to say how much I applaud your courage and determination to follow your call into ministry despite the restrictions you found in the General Church.

    You write that you are about to present something on Revelation ala Swedenborg. There is artist in the UK who has produced a series of pictures on Revelation as part of a study group led by New Church ministers - these might be of interest to you.

    You may also be interested in the web site I manage www.spiritualwisdom.org.uk which attempts to bring Swedenborgian thought to spiritual seekers in a non-traditional, non-church manner.

    With every good wish for your future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alison,
    Sorry about not giving you a contact address.
    Please go to Contact on the Site Menu of www.spiritualwisdom.org.uk and then click on Editor. Your message will then reach me.

    Alan

    ReplyDelete